PE & Sports Funding
In order to improve the provision of physical education and sport in schools the Government has provided additional funding for the years 2014 – 2015 & 2015– 2016.
Based on the size of our school, Menorah Primary received £9,700 in the academic year 2014 – 2015 & will receive £9,935 in the year 2015 – 2016.
The PE and Sport premium funding is being used to improve PE and sport provision across the school.
Objectives for the use of the PE & Sports Premium are:
- To improve the quality of PE and Sport in the school so that pupils engage in regular physical activity which will lead to healthy lifestyles.
- To improve confidence amongst the staff in the delivery of high quality PE lessons.
- To provide a broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to pupils.
- To ensure children’s physical development leads to better outcomes in terms of physical skills eg writing, communication and language, social and emotional development.
- Increase participation in competitive sport.
Keeping these objectives in mind and following the guidelines on how to spend this money, our plans for the use of the Sports Premium Funding are contained in the following documents: